About Changes to the IEC
For IEC modification, you need the PAN of the person or business for whom the IEC was issued, a valid e-mail address, and a mobile number.
The import-export laws say that a person needs to get an IEC modification online once a year under normal circumstances.
If there is a mistake in IEC or a change is needed in the import-export code, IEC needs to be changed right away.
Change in Business Address
If a business's address changes, it should be updated right away through the IEC modification online process.
Change in the company's name
If the name of the business firm or company changes, it should be updated with an IEC modification.
Adding or Deleting a Partner or Director
If a PAN is added or removed from a business, or if a partner or director is added or removed from a company, it should be updated.
What does "IEC Modification" mean?
Any changes to the business information on an Import Export Code Certificate must be made right away when filing an IEC modification application online with the DGFT.
What happens if the IEC modification is not filed on time?
If you don't tell the DGFT about changes to your business, your import-export code could be canceled, and in some cases, you could even have to pay a fine.
HOW TO OBTAIN IEC CHANGES
1. Give our web portal the business details and information we need.
2. Talk to our business advisor about how to change the details of the IEC.
3. Choose a package and pay online. There are several ways to pay online.
4. One of our experts will make a change application and put it on the DGFT portal.
5. An IEC modification acknowledgment must be given when a request is made.
6. If the check goes well, a new IEC certificate will be given.
Documents required for IEC modification
1. IEC Certificate
2. Changes Proven by Documents
3. Description of the change